I Need An Ad Interim Permit, What Is Required?


  1. Filed a renewal application (through POSSE or paper template renewal) and paid the $200 state renewal filing fee
  2. Paid the $2000 municipal filing fee
  3.  Submitted an Ad interim permit application through the Division’s online licensing system (POSSE). Permit application fee - $75, plus daily fee of $5 per day (payable by e-check or credit card)
  4. A renewal clearance certificate from the Division of Taxation - Full clearance or interim “temporary” clearance
    • If the licensee has received an interim “temporary” tax clearance certificate, it MUST be uploaded to the online permit application.

Once the licensee has submitted the application it will automatically be transmitted to the municipal clerk or ABC Board Secretary for endorsement in POSSE.

Once endorsed, it will be automatically transmitted to ABC for review and issuance.  Once issued, the licensee will receive an email notification that the permit has been issued and a copy of the permit. It must be displayed at the licensed premises.

Ad Intermit permit applications must be submitted through the POSSE ABC Online Licensing System. Under no circumstances will the Division accept a paper application for an Ad Interim Permit. 

Show All Answers

1. How many liquor licenses are there in Rahway?
2. Are There Any Liquor Licenses For Sale?
3. What Is Required For Liquor License Renewal?
4. Where Can I Find The Laws and Regulations Regarding Establishments Which Serve or Sell Alcohol?
5. What is the State website (POSSE) and how do I access it?
6. I'm Having Issues Accessing My POSSE Account, Who Can Help Me?
7. What Documents Are Required To Transfer A Liquor License In The City Of Rahway?
8. I Don't Have Tax Clearance, Who Can I Contact?
9. I Need An Ad Interim Permit, What Is Required?
10. I Submitted A Permit Application Through POSSE But Haven't Gotten A Response, When Will I?
11. I need to amend/change/switch or update my email address on POSSE, how do I do that?