My sidewalk appears to be lifted by tree roots. How can I get it replaced?

The Rahway Department of Public Works will have the sidewalk in front of your home evaluated. If the sidewalk has been determined to have been damaged by a city tree your address will be placed on a list to be repaired.

Please note: Chapter 365 of the Code of the City of Rahway mandates that the property owner is responsible for the repair of sidewalks. However, the Department of Public Works does try to repair sidewalks that have been damaged by city trees and are raised at least 1 ½ inches. Residents are asked to be patient, as the number of requests to have sidewalks repaired is quite substantial and may take quite some time to complete. The city is not required to make these repairs.

Show All Answers

1. My sidewalk appears to be lifted by tree roots. How can I get it replaced?
2. My basement and/or first floor drains are overflowing, especially after a heavy rain. What’s wrong?
3. During heavy snowfalls, city plows push snow into my freshly-cleaned driveway apron. How can I prevent this?
4. How do I report a pothole?
5. When will the city pick up my leaves?
6. Why won’t the city remove a street tree in front of my home?
7. Who is responsible for the City’s water utility?
8. The street light in front of my home or business is out. What do I do?
9. How can I find out the base flood elevation for my property?
10. Does The City of Rahway Have A Bulk Pickup Day?
11. When is the next paper shredding day?